© 2013 by Joyce Mason
All Rights Reserved
Today it’s time to fish for beauty. We’ll be exploring Venus, the planet of relating, everything lovely and the craving for peace and justice. If you’re coming in during the middle of the movie, so to speak, and wonder what we’re up to, here’s the background about our May Planetary Fishing Trip.
Sit back, relax and enjoy the excursion.
Venus Fishing Instructions
1. With Venus I’d like to start with a simple but deep question: What is your relationship to beauty? Some people aren’t that big on fashion, art or ambience. Others can almost become ill when their surroundings aren’t lovely and harmonious. Where are you on this continuum?
2. Now let’s get a line on the Goddess Venus. Tap into your search engine and explore Venus mythology. What do you learn that stands out to you? That you’d like to explore deeper when you’ve got more time?
3. The beauty aspects of Venus are very visual, so while you’re searching for her online, check out Venus images. What image or images of Venus appeal to you most? Why?
4. About your Venus and its sign:
a. Does your Venus sign, in your opinion, make the realm of Venus easy to navigate or is it more challenging? Why?
b. Which aspect of Venus is “your thing?” There are several major ones to choose from: relationships, beauty and the trio of peace, justice and fairness.
c. What’s the element of your Venus? (Earth, Air, Fire or Water) Is it simple or challenging to do Venusian things with this element?
d. How does your Venus blend with the planets we’ve explored so far?
e. How many planets make a major aspect to your Venus? 
f. How many of the planets are in close aspect, within 3 degrees or less?
g. Do these aspects make “doing Venus things” easier or more challenging?
5. What were your earliest experiences of the facet of Venus you chose in 4b?
Extra Experience: Whatever your favorite Venus topic was in 4b, choose a different one for this experience. Here are your choices:
Relationships – Remember your very first, foundational relationship. What were the most important things you learned?
Beauty—Two choices: Explore when you feel beautiful and how feeling beautiful makes you feel. Or explore some artwork today and write about its emotional impact on you.
Peace/Justice/Fairness—Which if these three words is most important to you? Recall an incident where one of these words was the “star” and briefly tell about it.
Hope to see you on the pier next week when we fish for Mars and Jupiter.
Photo Credit: © zwiebackesser - Fotolia.com
 This is often easiest to find and view in summary in a matrix on the chart wheel page or in one of the “reports” offered, if you have astrology software.
Don’t forget to Comment and let us know what insights you catch! Every person who comments on these May fishing posts will be entered into a drawing for a free copy of Joyce's Chart Interpretation 101 e-book.